Applied Software Inc., which is also known as MagView, is a growing proprietary health software company that has a stable track record of growth in its niche market. We deliver quality software solutions to hospitals and breast centers across the nation that help save lives. After completing a 4-week training orientation, you will be managing the staff that are on the front line to interact with our customers, who expect excellent customer service. The Technical Support Supervisor will be a focal point for the health of our business through customer satisfaction, retention, and growth.
The technical support supervisor oversees 2-3 teams of 3 support reps, who make up the tier 1 support and tier 2 support teams (proactive personnel bringing the best practices to clients and solving customer issues). These teams manage the client relationship once a project goes live, through the transition stage, and going forward. This role will oversee the work of support staff to ensure that all jobs (tickets) are completed on time and to customers’ specifications/satisfaction. The supervisor chosen will be responsible for designing and implementing improved processes and/or operational policies. Supervising a team of diverse and versatile technical support staff, this team will be focused on the relationships, technical troubleshooting, and support of the MagView client base. Candidates for this position would need good hands-on management skills as well as experience managing client support in a technology environment (software). This position reports directly to the support department manager and has a possible progression pathway to that position.
- Develops and maintains client relationships by understanding the current and future needs of clients / is a partner and provides superior client satisfaction.
- Understand and develop processes that will result in customer problem solving and provide the highest level of satisfaction with the fastest turnaround.
- Manage day to day operations to ensure requests are resolved in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensure that the proper systems and team collaboration are in place to build and promote knowledge sharing.
- Sustain metrics and ensure that we are meeting our customer service level agreements (SLA).
- Bring visibility of our customer base to the organization and provide recommendations for processes and products through customer reporting and feedback.
- Maintain and improve training programs for new and existing customer service reps to promote quick on-boarding as well as a quick understanding of new product roll-outs.
- Proactively keep in contact with strategically valuable customers for direct customer visibility.
- Mitigate customer escalation through developing direct customer resolution plans.
- Maintain systems and develop strategies to improve on call support.
- Motivate teams through coaching, career planning, and setting individual objectives.
- Maintains client contact, reviews fluctuations in the clients’ needs, makes modifications in the client strategy process accordingly, and in doing so, identifies appropriate sales opportunities.
- Manages customer support staff and their performance.
- Oversees the transition of responsibilities from the project management team to the customer support staff following new implementations.
- Desire to build and grow a team through selfless motivation.
- Has a can-do attitude with the confidence to face business challenges head on.
- The capabilities of leading by example as well as by direction and vision.
- A desire for constant improvement and a progressive growth mentality.
- Capacity to handle challenging and escalated situations with a calm demeanor and approach.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 3+ years of client services/support management experience.
- BA/BS degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- Experience with a 24/7 call center system.
- Experience managing a multi-tiered support process with respect to customer and business needs.
- Demonstrated experience in performance data measurements both day to day as well as long term.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver training and/or presentations.
- Proven experience creating technical training documentation.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, and listening.
- Client support/technical help desk experience preferred; to include 2nd tier support.
- Experience with process development and analysis.
- Experience developing and implementing client service plans preferred.
This is a full-time opportunity with pay that is commensurate with experience.
ASI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants of all ages, experiences, and backgrounds to apply for open positions. ASI does not discriminate on the basis of an applicant’s age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or status with regard to public assistance. ASI offers a competitive salary and a positive corporate culture.